There is nothing more fun and exciting than enjoying the sea and sand during summer. Surely, this season has its perks, especially when you are out in the beach. But the summer heat can also expose its ugly claws, even while we are at the comforts of our own home. During these times, you can hardly get out of your air-conditioned house to enjoy the beauty that summer can make to your garden or patio.
It’s a good thing that a cooling system such as a mister has been created to make the outdoors enjoyable even in the summer heat. You might want to ask, “What is a mister?” Here are some facts about misting systems that will surely make you resist saying no to them:
1. A mister works by using extreme pressure to push water through the minutely-sized holes of its nozzles, producing a fine mist spray that evaporates in a flash when exposed to the heat, even before the moisture particles fall to the ground. This process, called evaporative cooling, happens in mid-air. It creates an umbrella of cooled air at temperatures that are usually 35 degrees (or more) lower than the surrounding temperature.
2. The size of an area that a mister can cover depends on their styles and design, as well as their arrangement. For instance, there are systems designed with single nozzle, while there are also others styled with multiple misting nozzles. Another design which determines the difference of one misting system to another is the pressure employed. Low pressure misters are the cheapest and most common. They are also the easiest to prepare and operate, since they can be attached to even the most ordinary garden hose.
The best cooling effect can be obtained at the widest area of contact possible by utilizing multiple-nozzled misters operating at high pressures. Higher pressures can create more moisture particles with sizes so little that they can easily evaporate at a faster rate. This design prevents undesired wetness of the ground which can be brought about by moisture droplets that were too large to be completely evaporated while in the air.
Multiple nozzle designs are also better than singe nozzle designs. To attain the most effective cooling effect at a larger area, position misters in a straight line with an interval of 2 feet in-between each mister.
3. The cooling effect of misting systems can be further improved by air or wind movement. As already mentioned, the flash evaporation of water mist released by pressurized nozzles occurs in mid-air, but the cooled air is actually circulated in an area by the natural works of wind or breeze. Misters do not possess a very far throw that is why you have to make the best of its arrangement position and angles. For farther throw, misting nozzles are angled by 45° and positioned facing each other. Moreover, there are also systems with built-in fans that can spread the cooled air at farther distances.
4. Misting equipment is not just used to cool down your gardens and courtyards. They are also used in resorts and country clubs to cool down and pamper guests. A mister is an indispensable cooling system in livestock and poultry farms as well.
For instance, cattle and horses must have a comfortable and cool environment especially during summer, because hot and humid conditions can promote the growth and survival of parasites and harmful microorganisms. Horses can also perspire too much and breathe with difficulty during extremely hot weather.
5. Aside from their cooling effects, misting systems are also effective in chasing away pernicious bugs like mosquitoes and flies. These insects do not like the cool and fast air drafts produced by the misting sprays. Moreover, they are naturally driven out by the whirring sounds that misting fans make.
6. Misting systems can keep the grass in your lawn green and dewy. During summer, anything green turns to an ugly, dry brown due to extreme heat. Some of the water particulates sprayed in mid-air can fall and moisturize the grass and other plants in the ground.
7. Stores and online websites offer a wide range of selections for a misting system. Check them out well and ask advice from experts to get the best misting equipment for you.
Auramist the leading manufacturer and provider of the highest quality Misting fans, Mister, Misting Systems and innovative cooling Fans. Auramist misting fans are equipped with cutting-edge technology with 75 patents. You can trust the Auramist brand to keep you cool and comfortable in your home or on your patio.